Apr 4, 2014

The Midget Ride

There came a strange Midget with long and thick, black and brown braids. He had sand brown skin, and squinted big brown eyes. He sang with a course midgety voice and gathered people all around. He talked about Sadhu, a guru from whom he had learnt all his knowledge. He even showed a picture to everyone. Sadhu was there no more. So he needed a home to stay. The moment he saw me, he started following me guri guri paye (small baby steps). I climbed up the stairs of my old Baguiati house. And before I reached, he ran and sprinted through my legs, entered the room on the left, hurriedly like a mouse. Dad was in front of the basin, shaving. I called out, "Dad! Midget!". He turned, entered the room, looked under the bed, pulled him out by his leg and smash! On the ground. The midget's head got severed from his body immediately like a doll. Before throwing his body out, dad said "Wait!", and shaved his head, his long black braids. Then he threw him out.

Sad he never liked midget the first day he saw him enter his house.

The coarse voice was gone for now. Then there came a lady bald in head. With a sweet soft melodious voice singing quietly to herself. Sitting in the companionship of a tree and a bird maybe. She was his other side, the hidden side, the holier side, the better side. And that was all that was left of her. Bald, soft, sweet, serene.

I wake up seeing a point of light wavering between the curtains. The point giving me thoughts, ideas, solutions. Showing me the path while my mind fills up with several things to do, changes to make. The point of light seems like a flickering energy appearing from nowhere like a Firefly behind the curtain existing just for those few seconds only for me, to show me something.

She stares out the balcony window with her husband beside her, smiling at us.

No comments:

Post a Comment