Mar 13, 2007

Passed out

"You think you'll be able to leave politics behind?", I quizzed Rana as the peace leaf was already burning bright. Still a couple more to make the rounds merrier. Taking a sharp deep pull, Rana's reply almost came like a pat.

"That's exactly why I am IC (Independents Consolidation). Leave it when you need to. We are all independents. Its just you and your decisions, nothing else."

Rana spoke as the heavy clouds heavenly dispersed slowly through his nostrils.

"You see Shubho, there are a lot of reasons I joined IC. And there are a lot of stories to tell. You can bet on that. More than I learnt, I have lived and experienced politics to my core. I suppose, I've got my full share of it already. Time to look further.", he finished like a dad speaking to his son.

"So you'll be post graduating in Bio Informatics, preferably from JNU.", my voice sounded almost like a tone asking for reassurance.

"You know what Shubho? For us the situation isn't like yours. It feels like passing out of school rather than becoming a graduate."

I pray I feel like just passed out from school forever. A short while of silence interrupted. It was full moon that shone like a shield on a sky of shining armor. The thick white smoke ascended cautiously as it eclipsed parts of the steel blue sky in frequent successions; and the reefer passed on...

No comments:

Post a Comment