Jul 23, 2020

A Walk in the City

EXT. City streets (Slow transition with every scene from morning to afternoon to dusk to night.)

[Camera from POV of someone walking at a slow pace leisurely in the busy streets of a city passing by a bus station, fresh flower market, vegetable market, fish market with lots of people, cycles, and vehicles buzzing in the background, and finally walking alone through the middle of a two-lane flyover, cars speeding past from both sides]

A middle-aged female voice with a Parsi English accent speaks, 

“I wonder what it would be like to walk on a lush green meadow, filled with lush green grass, with free birds chirping all around me, and the sweet sound of the fluttering breeze in my longing ears. I have only heard about them, but never seen it myself. All I have seen in my worthless life in this city is this hustle and bustle, these ever screaming voices, these ever screeching noises, and everyone always pushing each other trying to make a place for themselves. I wish I had a chance to run away from all this and return to where I really belong, where people would respect me for who I am, take care of me, nurture me, feed me and my small little children. Here, in this God forsaken land how will my kids grow up? Here, in this wretched place, they don’t even stand a chance to survive! Here, I can’t even be a good mother to my nanhe munhe small little calves [camera showing a few small calves on the roadside], how will I ever become a good mother to all these people? One chance they will get, and they'll slaughter me off to feed these hungry young bulls.” [camera showing a market where Muslims are selling all kinds of sheekh kababs]

[Camera turns face to face towards a fully grown COW, with tears in her eyes, munching on something as always] The same voice says, “Yes I am your Gau mata, horribly stuck in your dirty city.” [Background call of a Moo]

 

~ TITLES ~

 


No comments:

Post a Comment